Asesino de Reyes Wiki necesita tu colaboración traduciendo este artículo.
Temerant es el mundo donde los eventos de la Crónica de Asesino de Reyes toma lugar.
La geografía completa de Temerant es desconocida; mucho del mundo conocido es parte de una enorme peninsula que se extiende al oeste de las Stormwal Mountains. Se menciona que el mundo continua después de estas montañas hacia una región cuya geografía es casi desconocida pero incluye al menor el bosque Tahl.
The territory of the known part is split into several nations, including:
- The Four Corners of Civilization, which represent the civilized world, and within which are located the following:
- The Commonwealth, located in the southwest.
- The country of Ceald, located in the northwest.
- The country of Modeg, located in the northeast.
- The country of Vintas, located in the southeast.
- The Aturan Empire, located mainly in the middle of the Four Corners, between Ceald and the Commonwealth to the west and Modeg and the Small Kingdoms to the east.
- The Small Kingdoms, located south of the Aturan Empire and west of Vintas.
- The country of Yll, which shares an island with the Commonwealth, south of the mainland.
- Ademre: A land located in the foothills of the Stormwal Mountains, northeast of Modeg.
Coexisting alongside the mortal world is the realm of The Fae, a parallel universe inhabited largely by supernatural creatures.
A great variety of species inhabits Temerant, including:
- Humans/Mortals: The main species in Temerant.
- Draccus: A species of large herbivorous reptilian creatures, known for their ability to breathe fire.
- Scrael: A species of spider-like creatures considered demons by the commonfolk.
- Angels: A race of supernatural beings who serve under Aleph in bringing justice to the mortal world, and who protect and guide human beings.
- Skin dancers: A race of Fae creatures that can possess and control the bodies of living organisms.
- Sipquicks/flits: A species of small, pretty nectar-feeding birds.
- Cats: A small, usually furry, domesticated and carnivorous mammal.
- Demons: A catch-all term for any non-human creatures for which the average human has no frame of reference.
- Main article: Magic
There are at least six types of magic in the world of Temerant. They can be separated into two predominant types of apparent magic:
- Arcanist's arts: Arts practiced by arcanists and students of the University.
- Alchemy: an art that uses chemistry-like principles to concoct potions which can produce any manner of results
- Sympathy and sygaldry: an art that uses strength of will (in the case of sympathy) and the application of runes (in the case of sygaldry) to usurp the laws of physics and manipulate energy
- Naming: an art that invokes a True Name, typically of an elemental substance such as wind or rock, to command the named thing to behave as one wills
- Fae magic: Magic wielded by Fae creatures.
- Glammourie: a type of Faen magic that is the art of making something seem.
- Grammarie: a type of Faen magic that is the craft of making things be.
- ↑ Patrick Rothfuss Blog. A Different Sort of Interview (May 17, 2012)